Office Lens is a handy capture app that turns your iPad, tablet, iPhone and other smart phones into a pocket scanner.
Office Lens is a new camera built into OneNote for iPads, iPhones and android phones.
Microsoft shared the following video to introduce this app.
Office Lens allows you to capture:
- pictures of whiteboards
- pictures of printed documents and
- pictures of business cards.
Office Lens allows you to:
- trim images
- make pictures or whiteboards and documents readable
- convert images to editable Word and Powerpoint files
- identifies printed text so that you can search by key word for images in OneNote and OneDrive
- converts images of documents and whiteboard notes into Word documents, Powerpoint presentations, and PDF files for easy editing and reformatting
- captures business cards and convert them into contact that can be added to your phone
- inserts images to OneNote and OneDrive (as Docx, pptx, jpg or PDF) and
- gives the option to save, export and share images.
You can also use Office lens to:
- save the images as PDF’s
- email images
- or save images to your photo library (iOS).
PDF versions can be created to be shared via:
- Outlook (one image at a time)
PDF versions can be copied to:
- Adobe Acrobat
PDF versions can also be:
- Copied (Duplicated)
This FREE app can be downloaded from:
I will create a few tutorials for using this app, and links to them will be added here as soon as they are ready.