PDF-Pen is available in the App Store.
It seems to be a must have tool for Academics because:
- It does Optical Character Recognition, therefore pictures of text can be converted into words you can use and proofread for accuracy.
- PDF’s can be converted into Word format (.dc and .dox) for easy editing and sharing.
- The text in the PDF can be selected and edited, therefore editing a PDF on your Mac is easier than ever before.
- Documents can be signed by dragging and dropping an image of a signature into a document, or by using the mouse or trackpad to scribble your signature. Therefore, documents can be signed, sealed, and delivered with no fax machine needed.
- Documents can be hared in iCloud Drive or Dropbox for seamless editing with the PDF pen for iPad and iPhone.
- For iCloud, the App Store version is needed.
Use the PDF pen to:
- sign forms
- insert page numbers
- highlight and underscore text
- add text, images and signatures to PDF
- move, resize, copy and delete images in the original PDF
- copy and paste rich text, including columns
- use on scanned documents and pages
- scan directly from Image capture scanners
- adjust resolution, colour depth, contrasts, skew, and sixe of an image
- sensitive for popup-menus
- edit quickly
- print notes and comments with or without original text
- print list of annotations along with the document
- add (and print) notes and comments
- fill out and sign interactive PDFs
- apply business related stamps
- reorder and delete pages
- combine PDFs
- automate manipulations
- save PDFs to Evernote
Redact personal information by:
- redact or erase text
- password protect documents